Veeam Backup & Replication can restore VM files: VMX, VMXF, NVRAM and VMDK. A use case scenario for this could be an issue with your VM config file, You can then restore just the VM files instead of the whole VM.
1) On the Home tab in Veeam Backup and Replication select backups, you should see the backups jobs on disk and in the cloud. Right click on the job you wish to restore from and select VM Files.
2) Select the VM and desired restore point.
3) On the next screen you will be asked to select the VM you wish to restore.
4) At the destination screen you will be asked to select the VM files you wish to restore and where too:
5) After specifying a restore reason and confirming you wish to go ahead the restore will begin.